Yeeflow is deeply integrated with Microsoft Teams and Office 365. Yeeflow is available on Microsoft Teams app store, which allows any organizations with MS teams to install and use with teammates.
After you installed Yeeflow from Microsoft Teams app store. You will see it in your installed apps list.
Click the app icon to navigate to Yeeflow app. From the top app's main navigation bar, there are 3 menus:
1. Chat - This is the default tab of the Teams app. Yeeflow integrated with Teams conversation bot. To make it available, you need to login with your account first. Then you will be able to receive notification messages sent from Yeeflow. The notifications you can receive include the new pending tasks, your configured notifications from workflow and applications. You can also type in commands to chat with the bot for information query. For more information about how to work with Chat, please refer the guide: How the Yeeflow Bot works with Teams Conversation
2. Yeeflow - This is where the end users can access the full functions of Yeeflow. Users can submit forms, access applications and reports, and manage their own work items.
(1) Forms - Display all the published forms. Users can submit new form by click the icon of each form. Admin can create new forms or manage the existing form defitions.
(2) Apps - Display all the applications that the current user have permissions to access. Admin can create new workspaces and applicaitons, or assign others to have the proper applicaiton management permissions.
(3) Reports - Display all the publish reports created by the admin. Admin can create new reports or manage existing reports.
(4) My Items - This is a main menu with sub menus after click. Here is the place for each user to manage their personal work items.
(5) User profile - Display the current login user's information. Click to go to the user's profile page for more information. Users can change the Language, Time-zone from the user profile page.
(6) My working items - Here is the place for each user to manage their personal work items. like all the submitted forms, the pending tasks and the draft items. Users can only see the work items related to themselves.
(7) Workflow Settings - The workflow settings is only available for admin. Admin can manage all the workflow related settings, like the workflow difitions, instances and all active tasks etc. Admin can also see the reports of running workflows and do some troubleshootings.
3. Admin - This is only available for the admin of Yeeflow. It includes all the functions for Yeeflow Admin cetner. For users who do not have the admin permission, they will see the "Access Denied" message when they click the Admin menu.
(1) Company Information - This is where the admin can manage the organization information, like the organization name, logo, Language etc. It will also display the list of all administrators of Yeeflow, where the admin can add more users as the system admins.
(2) Location - Manage all the office locations of the current organization.
(3) Metadata - Manage metadata information or create new metadata. Metadata can be used by any forms and applications as the shared data.
(4) Organization - Manage your departments and users from here. Create new users, edit users informaiton, active/inactive user accounts, or check the pending requests for joining the org.
(5) Cost Center - Manage cost center information of your organization.
(6) User Group - Create new user groups, manage groups information and the members of each group.
(7) Tags Management - Global tags list management. Tags can be used by the content list of each application, when adding the KEYWORDS fields. Add Tags functions to your data list for better knowledge management and information searching.
(8) Position - Manage Job Positions of your organization, like the Finance Manager, HR Manager, BU Head etc. This will be used when define your workflow process. For example, you can assign an approval task to the Finance Manager, rather than a direct person. Job Positons can be binded to the organizaiton (like departments) and the locations. Then you can define each department/BU or office locaitons has different users to take the position (like Finance Manager for BU A is John, wheil for BU B, the Finance Manager is Lily etc.).
(9) Billing Management - Manage your billing information, you payment methods and invoices etc.
(10) User Guide - Click to open our help center to learn how to use Yeeflow to resolve your business challenges.
(11) Help Video - Videos about Yeeflow features introductions.
(12) Need Help? - If you have any questions, you can click here, and fill in your questions in the pop-up window. Our support team will help you.