In Assignment Task, the assigned users must complete a certain task (approve, reject, complete, etc.). Based on the business purpose, the Assignment Task can be an approval task or a complete task by selecting the different task type.
To configure the assignment task properties, click the "Settings" button under the selected assignment task, the properties windows will be displayed on the right of the workflow designer.
1. Set the text of the lable field to change the name of the task.
2. The Title field is where you can set the customized task title with text and variables. If you set the Titel of the task you will see the title from the task list (pending tasks or completed tasks) when the task is generated.
3. Due date - Set the due date of the task. If the task is still pending for actions after the due date, the task will be highlight in red when users view their pending tasks list.
4. Set task assignee - In this area you must define which user/role must complete this task. Also, you may opt for dynamic assignation.
Click the "Assignment Editor" button to open the "Assignment Edior" to set the assignee.
(1) Select a user from the Yeeflow organization (User -> Direct).
(2) Click the "Select Org" button to open the user selection window and select the users.
(3) After select the user, click the "Add assignee" button to add the user to the selected assignee list.
(4) The selected assignee list display all the users/positon/role that's been added.
(5) After all set, click the "Save" button to save your assinee settings.
For more information about how to configure the Assignment Editor, please refer: Configure Assignment Edior.
5. Select the task form - from the dropdown list, select the task form that's associated with this task.
6. Select Task Type - Set the task as the approval task or the complete task.
(1) Approval Task - If the task is set to approval task, the task owner will be able to see the "Approve" and "Reject" button from the task panel when open the pending task's form.
(1) Approval Task - If the task is set to complete task, the task owner will be able to see the "Complete" button from the task panel when open the pending task's form.
As an approval task, you need to configure at least 2 outcoming arrows. one with the approved condition configured while another set the condition as rejected. You can learn more from the section of Conditions for Assignment Task in article: Understand workflow designer.
7. Appointed Order - If you selected multiple users as the assignee of this task, you can set how would you like those users to receive this task from here.
8. Completion Condition - If you selected multiple users as the assignee of this task, you can set how to define the task is completed. The options you can set here are different based on the selected task type.
For approval task, you can set how the task will be defined as approved or rejected:
For complete task, you can set how the task will be defined as completed:
9. Other Settings - Additonal settings for this assignment task.
(1) Automatically Approve this task if the task owner is the submitter of the form.
(2) Allow Recall - If this is selected, then the task owner will be able to recall the decision after the task produced. For example, the task owner approved the task, but might noticed that's not the right decision, he/she then will be able to recall the task for modification. (The Task owner can only recall the task before the next actions is responsed.)
(3) Allow Reassign - If this is selected, then the task owner will see the "Forward" button on the task panel. The task can be re-assigned to another user which is selected by the task owner.
(4) Allow Extra Assignee - If this is selected, then the task owner will see the "Add Assignee" button on the task panel. The task owner can add more users as the assignee of this task.
10 Enable Email - Turn this ON if you want to send email notification to the assignee. Yeeflow will include the sample content for the eamil information, while you can change the setting per your needs.
11 Quick Completion - With the integration with Microsoft Outlook and Microsoft Teams, the task owner will receive the task notificaiton with the customized notification card:
If Quick Completion is selected. for approval task, the task owner will be able to approve or rejected from the message card in Teams or Outlook.
(1) the approve and reject button will be available if the quick completion is selected.