The Radio button field control enables your users to select a value from a predefined set of choices that are displayed as radio buttons.
When to use this field?
You may consider the following pointers to determine when to use a radio button field:
- Opt to use a radio button field if the data that you want to enable your users to enter spans a defined set of choices, and only one of these choices can be present per entry (or record).
- The drop down field also enables your users to select a value from a predefined set of choices. Where the radio and drop down fields differ is the way the choices are displayed when your users access them on a web-browser: as radio buttons and in a dropdown menu, respectively.
- If you want to enable your users to select multiple values, you must opt to add a multi select or checkbox field to your form.
- If you want to create a dynamic picklist, i.e., if you want to provide an initial set of choices to select from, but want to accommodate the growth of this set, then you must opt to use a lookup field control.
A choice displayed by the radio field contain up to 255 characters. In other words, the radio field can store an input that has up to 255 characters.
Add Radio Button to the form
Firstly, find the Radio Button control in the controls add panel. Then, drag and drop it into a section or container on your form.
Basic of the Radio Button field
Open the Content > Basic block and set the Title's text of this Multiple Metadata control. For more information about Title for field control, please refer:
Understand the Title of field controls
Set the Associated variable for this Radio Button control. When you add a new Radio Button control, a default variable will be generated automatically. You can click the Edit Button to change the ID and name, or click the Reset button to bind this Radio Button control to other existing variables. For more information, please refer:
Understand form controls and the associated variables / fields
Appearance of the Radio Button field
Open the Content > Appearance block to set the appearance and layout of this Radio Button control.
Layout: Set the layout of the choices to be displayed horizontal or vertical.
Display Title: Choose display or hide the label of this control. For more information, please refer: Understand the label of field controls
Allow comment: Turn on this option will allow users to add comments on this control.
Dynamic Display Rules: When you set a dynamic display rules, It behaves differently based on specific conditions and rules. Learn how to create dynamic display rules for a control.
Choices of the Radio Button field
Open the Content > Choices block to add choices, edit a choice, and delete a choice.
- Define the order in which the choices are displayed: You can drag a choice to arrange the choices manually in the required order.
- Rename the values provided as choices in your Radio Button field.
- Set an initial value: Click the radio button at the beginning of each choice to set it as the initial value for a Radio Button field. The Initial value will be preselected when your users access your form. Setting an initial value does not restrict your users from removing it or selecting a different choice from the Radio Button.
- Click the clear default button to remove the initial value.
Validation of the Radio Button field
Open the Content > Validation block to set the properties of this Radio Button control.
Readonly: Turn this ON will make this field control as view only status.
Required: Make it mandatory for your users to select a choice.
Custom Validation: Set the custom validation rules. An error message that will display under your field when specified conditions become true. It will allow you to add any number of rules for validating your field. Learn more about the Custom Validation.
Action call of the Radio Button field
Open the Content > Action block to call a pre-defined action from the dropdown list. This action will be triggered once the value of this Radio Button field is changed.
Style the Radio Button field
Open the Style > Field block to set the styles of the field control.
- Gap between control and option label: Set the spacing between the Radio button, and the text of option label.
- Control size: Set the size of the Radio button.
- Field Alignment: Set the alignment of this Radio Button control as left, center or right.
- Normal / Active / Disabled: Set different styles for normal, active and disabled state of the Radio button control. Styles below are supported to be set separately for normal, active and disabled state.
- Color: Choose the front color of the Radio button.
- Background Color: Set background color of the Radio button.
- Border Type: Select the type of border, choosing from none, solid, double, dotted, dashed, or grooved.
- Radius: Set the border radius to control corner roundness.
- Option Label: Set the style of the option label after the radio button control:
- Typography: Set the typography options for the text of the option label.
- Color: Choose the text color of the option label.
- Background Color: Set background color of the option label.
Style of title
Set the Title of field controls that are applicable to this control.
Set the Advanced options that are applicable to this control.
Please sign in to leave a comment.