Calculation allows you to create new field that calculates values. It uses Yeeflow built-in Expression Editor to perform calculations.
You need specify the value of calculation that you want to use as the source of data in the control by defining an expression. An expression can use values from fields in the same list/form as well as built-in functions.
Calculation displays read-only values based on your calculation expression.
Add Calculation to the form
Firstly, find the Calculation control in the controls add panel. Then, drag and drop it into a section or container on your form.
Basic of the Calculation field
Open the Content > Basic block and set the Title's text of this Multiple Metadata control. For more information about Title for field control, please refer:
Set the Associated variable for this Calculation control. When you add a new Calculation control, a default variable will be generated automatically. You can click the Edit Button to change the ID and name, or click the Reset button to bind this Calculation control to other existing variables. For more information, please refer:
Expression: Click the Edit button to edit the calculation logic in the expression editor.
Appearance of the Calculation field
Open the Content > Appearance block to set the appearance and layout of this Calculation control.
Hide in form: Turn ON this option will hide this control on your form. For some case, you might just need to do some calculation, and use the result on other controls, then you can hide this control.
Thousands Separator(,): Turn ON this option display the calculation value with thousands separator (use this for a value of Number or Currency etc.)
Prefix: Set the prefix text of this calculation value.
Suffix: Set the Suffix text of this calculation value.
Display Title: Choose display or hide the label of this control. For more information, please refer: Understand the label of field controls
Allow comment: Turn on this option will allow users to add comments on this control.
Validation of the Calculation
Open the Content > Validation block to set the properties of this Calculation control.
- Number of Decimal Places: round number to the decimal place. (use this for a value of Number or Currency etc.)
- Custom Validation: Set the custom validation rules. An error message that will display under your field when specified conditions become true. It will allow you to add any number of rules for validating your field. Learn more about the Custom Validation.
Action call of the Calculation field
Open the Content > Action block to call a pre-defined action from the dropdown list. This action will be triggered once the value of this Calculation field is changed.
Style the Date Picker field
- Typography: Set the typography options for the text in the Date Picker.
- Color: Choose the color of the field's text.
- Background Color: Set background color of the field. By default, the background color is set as transparent.
- Align: Set the alignment of text inside the field control. Can be Left, Center or Right.
- Padding: Set the Padding of the field control.
- Border Type: Select the type of border, choosing from none, solid, double, dotted, dashed, or grooved.
- Radius: Set the border radius to control corner roundness.
Style of title
Set the Title of field controls that are applicable to this control.
Set the Advanced options that are applicable to this control.
Types of Data
The data in a calculation is the result of formula that you specify. The result can be one of these below types of data:
- Number (included Percentage)
- Date and Time
- Yes/No (Boolean)